At Sandhills Comprehensive Treatment Centers, our dedication to superior customer service starts with the admissions process. From the moment you contact us to inquire about receiving treatment at one of our three centers, we will work closely with you to guide you through this process as efficiently and effectively as possible. To ensure that that you are able to get into treatment as quickly as possible, please carefully review the information below:
First, in order to receive treatment at Sandhills Comprehensive Treatment Centers, all prospective patients must meet the following three criteria:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have been dependent upon opioids for a minimum of one year
- Must arrive for treatment in a state of withdrawal, unless the patient is pregnant or transferring directly from another program
Once eligibility has been confirmed, an intake appointment will be scheduled at the center where the patient will receive treatment. During the intake appointment, patients will be required to provide the following:
- Valid proof of identification. Sandhills Comprehensive Treatment Centers will accept a state-issued identification card, a driver’s license, or a passport.
- Payment for all intake fees. Our centers will accept cash, money orders, or credit cards that have been issued in the patient’s name. Please note that even patients who intend to use insurance to pay for treatment must pay intake fees during this initial appointment.
Prospective patients should plan to be at our center for two to four hours to complete the intake process. During this time, they will accomplish the following:
- Submit payment for intake services, as indicated above.
- Complete paperwork to document their personal, treatment, psychiatric, and medical history.
- Provide information about any drugs or medications they are currently taking.
- If transferring from another program or provider, arrange for all necessary records to be provided to our center.
- Complete a physical examination with one of our physicians.
- Provide a urine specimen for drug screening.
- Take TB test, unless the patient has proof of having taken a similar test within the previous two years.
- If female, take a pregnancy test.
- If pregnant, provide a consent form from the patient’s OB/GYN authorizing her to participate in a medication assisted treatment program. Pregnant patients who are not currently seeing an OB/GYN may consult with a member of our staff regarding referrals for prenatal care.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that all patients will receive medication on the first day that they are enrolled for treatment. All medication-related decisions are made by members of our medical staff, who determine each patient’s readiness to be prescribed medications on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions about our admissions criteria, intake procedures, or any other aspects of treatment at Sandhills Comprehensive Treatment Centers, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff members look forward to providing you with the information you need to make the best treatment decisions for yourself or your loved one.